1943 - 2018 | Celebrating over 75 years of God's Wonderful Works
Timberlake Baptist Church was born from a series of tent meetings held in July, 1943. A month after the meetings, the attendees voted to organize a non-denominational church, Timberlake Gospel Tabernacle. Fourteen charter members held services in a storehouse until the first building was completed in the current Timberlake Road location. The church’s name was changed to Timberlake Baptist Church, and Theodore Hunter was called to be the first pastor. In the years since, seven more faithful men have served as senior pastor. Dr. Bryan Ferrell presently leads the ministry.
Timberlake’s influence extended through such ministries as Timberlake Christian Schools; a daughter church, New Hope Baptist; and a large missions program, bringing the Gospel into our community and around the world.
For over 75 years, God has continually shown us His faithfulness and displayed His glory by transforming lives in and through His local body at Timberlake. As members of Christ’s body, we are called to live holy lives and spread the Gospel to the world; and as God has been faithful to us in the past, we now look to Him to sustain us in the future as we follow in the steps of Christ.